Joyride is a new marketplace in one of the few overlooked segments left in the automotive industry, unclaimed vehicle auctions. Started by a team of successful entrepreneurs, a few car aficionados, and a talented development team, they had the vision to create the industry-leading online auction platform to make it easy and safe to buy and sell unclaimed vehicles.
Joyride launched in April 2020 after a year of laser-focused brand creation and product development. We are now successfully executing regular online unclaimed vehicle auctions in major U.S. cities and expanding into new markets every day. We are a lean, yet impactful team composed of motivated, positive, and collaborative individuals dedicated to making Joyride the leading unclaimed vehicle auction platform.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building highly-performant, reliable, scalable applications used on both sides of the Joyride Auto’s auction platform. You’ll work with our small teams in the US and Ukraine to build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance. This is a unique opportunity to experience all aspects of building complex software systems ultimately, shipping innovative features to production.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our Head of Engineering on product features, both front, and back-end
- Work with a team of engineers, both starting projects from scratch and also working within the existing code base
- Provide accurate estimates, evaluate feasibility, and assess new platforms and technologies for project implementations
- 8+ years in full-stack development role
- 3+ years of experience with Java, nodeJS, React
- Hands-on, demonstrated experience with the following concepts:
- Serverless platforms (aws lambda, google cloud platform,etc)
- Real-time, event-driven user interactions, such as messaging or collaboration software
- Mobile-first, webapp focused development
- Bonus points for specific experience in/with:
- Google Firebase (Cloud function, real-time database, etc;)
- Bending traditionally native app features into a webapp
- Image/Camera manipulation on the web
- BS/MS Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent