* This role will work in the Identity & Trust Platforms Engineering team developing secure services and platforms for consumption by JPMC internal teams.
* The role will require a broad working knowledge of infrastructure, security and technical implementation and code development.
* The skills spelled out below are general skills / background required
* We are looking for individuals who love to write quality code
* The successful candidate must be an experienced technologist with a natural curiosity for new processes and technology and enthusiasm for delivering new services. This must be balanced with a realistic understanding of the requirements of managing sensitive data within a highly regulated and complex environment.
* As part of the team they must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to focus and deliver to tight deadlines and manage multiple areas of work simultaneously.
* A key skill for this role will be working with differing groups to drive conversations constructively, establish requirements and the basis for these requirements then work to produce solutions and architectures which meet the agreed requirements.
* Experience of delivering architectures for platforms and architectural standards is a key requirement. Cloud platforms are, by their nature, open to experimentation and the flexibility to propose architectural ideas and models test on the target environment and refine the architecture based on results and observations will be a key skill.
* The successful candidate will have a good understanding of technical architecture and enterprise architecture. Understanding of ITIL and TOGAF / Zachman frameworks are advantageous. Equally, experience of Agile and Continuous Integration / Delivery are also highly desirable.
* A high level understanding of networking concept including CIDR blocks, route tables, firewall rules, IP port management, forwarding and NAT, and WAN and LAN design is required. Detailed knowledge of BGP, protocol stacks, and TCP / IP communication would be desirable but is not essential.
* A good user level understanding of the operation and build of a standard Linux server or Windows box. This is to include the use of typical user level commands, the ability to compile and install common packages and use common tools such as network and performance testing utilities.
Development / Essential Skills
* Solid Software Engineering Fundamentals
* Strong knowledge of Linux and/or UNIX like operating systems.
* Strong Go experience or expert experience in other programming languages, i.e., C, C++, Python, Java, etc.
* Large scale infrastructure architecture/develpment
* Experience with automation tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc. are all very useful skills.
* Experience with PAAS platforms, e.g., CloudFoundry & container-based platforms, e.g., Kubernetes.
* Ability to design and build complex systems from scratch
* Integration – OAuth 2, OpenID Connect, Kerberos, security, etc.
* Modern SDLC (TDD, BDD, CI/CD, Automation)
* Understanding of Agile and Lean thinking/DevOps
* Experience working in globally distributed international team for a major enterprise is helpful.
* Excellent communication skills – the ability to communicate at a level commensurate with the audience at hand, be they expert or non-expert.
* Ability to write technical and API documentation and project reports tailored to a range of different audiences.
* Comfortable working in high pressure situations and understand how to ask for help and manage conflicting priorities.
And lastly, but most importantly, you must love to write quality code designed for change.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans