Macomb, Illinois, Work Department: Athletics
Class Title/Code: Marketing Associate (5004)
Effective Date: Jul 14, 2021
The Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing & Game Operations will be responsible for all marketing and promotions efforts for 19 NCAA Division I sport programs. This position will collaborate with coaches and staff, campus and community partners, vendors, and third parties to develop and execute marketing and promotional events. The position will assist the ticketing manager with coordination and promotion of individual and group ticket packages as well as promote student attendance at Athletic events. This position will oversee all game operations for home athletic contests, serve as the liaison with visiting teams, officials, and game day staff.
– Oversee all marketing and promotions efforts for the department
– Oversee all game operations functions for approximately 100 home athletics contests annually, including conference championship events
– Oversight of two to four sport programs (to be determined)
– Oversight of graduate assistants in marketing and promotions and game operations
– Serve as member of department’s administrative leadership team
– Coordinate video board content with creative director and communications team at home football and basketball contests
– Coordinate with the athletics communications team on other targeted messaging related to marketing and promotional events
– Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations, or a closely related field.
Two (2) years of professional experience working in marketing and/or game operations in an intercollegiate athletic department.
Progressive experience supervising staff.
Experience developing and implementing an athletics marketing plan.
Oversight of game management and experience coordinating with necessary parties (e.g. visiting teams, officials, conference office, game day staff).
Note: Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year (12 months) of work experience.