J.P. Morgan is an industry leader in providing Retail Banking, Wealth management, Financing, Technology and order execution capabilities to retail individuals & organizations worldwide.
We provide access to the firm’s resources, tools and products so clients can focus their time growing assets, attracting clients and building their businesses.
A unique platform supports diverse business types: institutional / capital markets, trading, wealth management, prime brokerage, fixed income and international firms.
J.P. Morgan is the marketing name for the investment banking activities of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.
US Wealth Management (USWM) provides investment solutions to Chase customers.
Solutions include self-directed investing through our You Invest product, advisory services (investment strategies, portfolio management), financial planning (education funds, systematic investment plans, mutual funds) and retirement planning (annuities, traditional and Roth IRAs).
USWM is committed to becoming the most recommended financial partner to help clients build their wealth and reach their life goals.
This requires providing our customers and advisors with innovative digital capabilities for virtual interaction and collaboration.
In the role of Software Engineer you will be part of a feature scrum team responsible for delivering next-generation client and advisor collaboration and communications tools.
Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development and testing will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally.
Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit.
And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
* Design and build UI components in different frameworks
* Design, implement, test and maintain server-side components and web application
* Implement back-end components of an n-tier application, including data model, data access objects, and application logic
* Participate in all scrum team ceremonies and work closely with peers to achieve continuous improvement
* Participate in grooming/design forums to provide recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; provide input to information/data flow and understand and comply with architectural standards in all phases
* Research and prototype new technologies
* Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
* Familiar with Cloud watch, Elastic IP’s and managing security groups for EC2 Servers
* Hands on experience with Micro-services and Docker
* Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools
* Strong adherence to Test-driven Development (TDD) and Business-driven Development (BDD) practices
* Defensive programming around risk and cyber tools and issues (BlackDuck, Fortify, ITRC, etc.) a strong plus
* Experience with open source frameworks: Open source frameworks, e.g., Spring, Hibernate
* Experience with ANT, Maven build/deployment process
* Strong understanding of object oriented programming and design patterns
* Strong technical, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
* Experience with system, application, and process documentation including tools such as MS-Visio, Confluence etc.
* Experience with SVN Source Code management techniques/ tools for software management, Knowledge SDLC tools (JIRA)
* Experience working on Agile Scrum method of product implementation and delivery
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
Our US Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 7 cities, our team of 360 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values developing innovative technology solutions and continuous learning.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co. you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5 billion+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry but also change the world.
At JP Morgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans