SmileDirectClub is seeking a technical Manager of Software Engineering to drive frontend web development to the next level and beyond. You are a passionate technical leader with strong experience building and deploying world class websites and applications using both commercial and open-source stacks and always championing for a best of breed approach to tooling and methodology.
- Lead, mentor and support multiple teams of passionate technical professionals fostering a high-performance culture.
- Work with leadership, your peers, and your teams to define how frontend development gets done at SmileDirectClub.
- You will be a part of setting a culture of creativity, innovation and excellence in all areas of engineering and technology.
- Establish and enforce coding standards and best practices.
- Mentor and train developers. Provide architectural & engineering expertise in all areas of frontend application development.
- Motivate and inspire developers and evangelize the architecture’s features for the enterprise.
- Ensure adherence to the software development lifecycle across engineering personnel. Ensure that any product created is centered around excellence and quality.
- Work with other business units and collaborate with technology leadership on roadmap execution.
- Steward multiple engineering groups through the agile delivery process while optimizing the way that the team works.
- Plan and manage the overall delivery roadmap for multiple technical initiatives.
It will really make us smile if you have…
- 2+ years of experience as a technical team lead or people leader in another capacity
- Experience with Git, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery mechanisms.
- Experience with AWS pipelines or terraform.
- Test driven development experience.
- Experience of planning, executing, and delivering projects with multiple engineers in an agile environment.
- Experience working with a headless CMS such as Contentful