Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
We are building the #1 Asset Management Technology platform in the world and we need exceptional, motivated, and world-class talent to join the Portfolio Core Technology team at JP Morgan Asset Management. You must have a passion for delivering transformational technology platform and services to business (internal and external clients).
JPM Asset Management is launching a multi-year strategic transformation of middle office with an aim to have a single consistent global operating model that enables economy of scale, reduces complexity, enhances service to global and complex clients, reduces time to market on new product capabilities, and improves quality and timeliness of core data sets. To realize this ambition, JPMAM will partner with CIB Securities Services to transform AM infrastructure for middle office. This role is responsible for the project management of the Portfolio Core Technology team deliverables for this integration project.
* As a Project Manager you will bring functional expertise in Asset Management data and lifecycle of trades and securities. In addition, you will bring laser sharp focus and attention to details towards project execution, tracking, course correction, escalations, etc.
* You will coordinate and help run working group meetings for this initiative with members from operations, technology, CDO, and select others from front office and external parties.
* You will be hands-on in the discovery of investment accounting differences amongst regions and amongst front office, accounting, and custodian/fund administrator views. You will get sign-off on current and target state processes around reconciliation of these views.
* First deliverable will be a proof of concept for a select set of accounts / asset classes / region(s).
* You will also be responsible for assisting the coordination of user acceptance testing, being a point of contact for production sign-off, data migration (from legacy to new world), and lead the effort on prod-parallel, as needed.
* You should be able to build lightweight prototype models in excel / Tableau.
* Project Management throughout the full systems development life cycle using both Agile and waterfall methodologies
* Develop project budgets, tracks actuals against forecast and remains within departmental guidelines for variance
* Drive issue escalation and resolution; risk identification and mitigation and the overall removal of roadblocks that impede progress of the project
* Complete written and verbal status reporting
* Defining, documenting, and communication of standardized Agile delivery processes to be adopted by various teams
* Defining key performance indicators for status reporting and applying strong data analytical skills in order to produce meaningful metrics for managing Agile delivery
* Liaise with management in key stakeholder groups (i.e. Business, Operations, Technology, Risk, Legal, etc.)
* Development and implementation of work plans
* Coordination across various cross impacted teams
* MUST: At least a BS degree from a reputed university/college. Certification / diploma / degree in finance or economics or CFA preferred.
* MUST: Understanding of Asset Management value chain and corresponding data sets – lifecycles of trades and securities and valuation of holdings. Understanding of investment accounting of equities, futures, fixed income, and derivatives is a plus.
* MUST: Experience working through entire lifecycle of at least one large complex application build-out and delivery for either a large financial organization or a top-class technology product team.
* 2-5 years of experience in the role of Project Manager / Program Manager / Project Delivery lead and 5-7 years of experience in non-lead PM roles. Experience building a truly distributed architecture based system, especially involving large data volumes and real-time distribution will be huge plus.
* Knowledge of CI/CD, DevOps tool chain, and a test-driven approach to agile delivery is expected.
* Knowledge of project management framework and methodologies is expected. Certifications like PMP, PgMP, PMI-ACP, PfMP are a plus.
* Proven leadership qualities as well as high performance track record
* Hands on experience with project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, etc.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans