Launch your career at JPMorgan as a software engineer for the Equity Derivatives Group joining a team tasked with creating and supporting innovative software solutions for our sales and marketing platform and portals that advance our industry-leading Equity Derivatives business, supporting our clients in a first-class way.
You will join and collaborate with a global team of technologists at all stages software development pipeline creating high quality software solutions in an environment that encourages curiosity and innovation, grows talent, and applies and sharpens your multi-faceted software engineering skillset.
With continuous learning, inclusivity, and developer experience a focus of our work culture you will work with closely with local and global software engineers, production management teams, marketers, traders, and researchers as well as find opportunities to enhance your skillset and interests by taking advantage of internal and external training opportunities, mentors, joining interest groups and communities, and learning from other leaders at the firm and industry.
As a successful candidate you will be a self-starter applying your skillset to the following responsibilities and requirements:
* Collaborate with engineers, business analysts, project managers, and sales and marketers to develop software solutions for our Equity Derivatives platform
* Work within a team of software engineers analyzing and implementing business requirements and developing core platform technologies within an Agile/Scrum environment
* Work closely with production management applying technical knowledge to support business processes, changes, and end users
* Experience with Java/JVM and the Java/JVM ecosystem
* Well-rounded software engineering skills across end-to-end software lifecycle
* Good understanding of software design patterns and clean code practices
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Experience working on financial systems is a plus
* Experience partnering with product and engineering teams
* Able to work on a diverse team
* Experience with object-oriented design and micro-service architectures and best practices
* Experience with finance / derivative products
* Experience with the Java ecosystem including Spring, Web Services, and Messaging
* Experience with NoSQL / Big Data Databases
* Experience with Cloud Technologies e.g. Docker/Kubernetes
* Experience with Java 11+ and / or additional JVM languages like Kotlin/Scala
* Exceptional client relationship skills including the ability to discover true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical approaches, and or drive efforts to meet committed timelines with optimal solutions
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans