As a software engineer in the Global Commodities Team in our Houston office, you will be assisting in the design, build and delivery of the tooling used by trading and other business partners in the commodities space. In addition to strong software engineering skills, an agile mindset is required to be able to focus on both strategic initiatives and streamline the day-to-day trading activities of the desk. Development is on JPMorgan’s Athena risk management platform, therefore strong python knowledge is essential. You will be part of the team who is responsible for transforming the commodities technology landscape over the next few years.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Required skills to be considered for this role:
* Minimum of 2 years of professional experience developing in a modern programming language, preferably Python or C++
* Ability to remediate issues in an existing codebase on which the business fully relies end-to-end
* Solid understanding of software engineering practices
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Knowledge of Commodities business is a huge preference
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
* Good communication skills and ability to collaborate with and influence other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions to the business in a constantly changing environment
* Eager to take ownership of work, have real business impact, overcome obstacles and take it through to completion, working as part of this team and collaborating with a much bigger community of developers sharing the technology and code base
About JPMorgan Chase – Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world
Working as a Technologist in JPMorgan Chase & Co.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans