Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Audibles Technical Operations team powers the infrastructure, systems, tools and services to keep Audible running fast, secure, and resilient. As part of Audibles Technology organization, this group comprises of Information Security, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Corporate Systems, IT Support, and Audio Visual support teams. Collectively, the Technical Operations team is responsible for enabling operational excellence for employees while delivering secure, scalable, and foundational services for our customers through infrastructure and information technology.
The Application Engineering team is chartered to build the next generation of software systems required to scale and grow Audible and own company-wide HR and Finance transformation projects. The Application Engineering team within Audible Tech is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to build its next generation of software platform required to integrate and automate core business processes within Audible. Candidates who delight in evolving technology platforms and obsess over customer success should apply. This opportunity is not for an order taker. You will be involved in the overall vision, culture and direction of the team. Successful candidates will enjoy working in collaborative, randomized and fast-paced environments.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
· Able to use technology to solve difficult problems. Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is (and isnt) appropriate to use them.
· Work independently on a small, agile engineering team and execute on your great ideas.
· Partner with business stakeholders to imagine, Design, Develop, Test, and Launch software that wows our community and inspires your peers.
· Develop automation and tooling, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
· Build test software that exposes API defects in production level code.
· Innovate and drive adoption of latest industry best practices.
· Programmatically test the product, Measure test coverage and Develop right metrics to showcase value add based on adoption of new best practices.
· Capable of independently clarifying technical requirements, assessing development estimates and applying a broad range of design approaches.
· Set a high-quality bar: just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
· Able to write and enforce logical and maintainable code.
· Proven ability to identify and resolve the root cause of software defects.
· Masters in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
· Computer Science fundamentals in Object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
· Communication skills – ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
· Deep Knowledge of distributed SOA, Web Services, Relational DB concepts, Elastic Search, DynamoDB and various AWS technologies.
· Full stack preferred with experience in Systems Integration.
· Expertise in one or more Object oriented language Java, Python or C++.
· A high-quality bar; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
· Developed batch and real-time systems integrations using Java, Python or any OO language.
· Understanding of networking concepts, Security and Encryption.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us