Greenlight is an Atlanta-based fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 2 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores and automating allowance.
But that’s not all that we do. Here at Greenlight, we are on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, but it’s the reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
Greenlight is looking for a Software Engineer (backend) to focus on backend node.js product development. As a senior member of the technical staff, this role will be involved in designing, planning, and implementing new parts of the Greenlight platform and mentoring more junior members of the technical staff. This role will work on a Scrum team on two-week sprints. The team is primarily backend focused; this role enhances the team’s ability to deliver work across more of the Greenlight platform by enhancing the ability to make changes to services supporting Greenlight’s website, registration process, and applications.
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Node.js, Kotlin, Java, Go
- Frontend: React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, gRPC, graphQL
- MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher
What you will be doing:
- Building new backend services which add new experiences and features to our website, registration process, and applications
- Scaling our backend to evolve with new feature requests and support our growing user base
- Improve the reliability and availability of our growing platform and services for our families and partners
- Maintaining existing backend services
- Exposing Greenlight APIs and services for external consumption and partnership
What you should bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years software development experience
- Experience working on a large scale project using Node
- Understanding of how to execute well on the build/measure/learn process and lean startup skills
Nice to have:
- Experience designing and developing distributed systems
- Experience using an ORM such as sequelize to interact with a database
- Experience building and scaling GRPC services
- Experience using AWS tools
- Experience using Docker
Who we are:
In late 2020, Greenlight was valued at $1.2B, backed by leading venture capitalists and institutional investors. Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially-smart kids, apply to join our team today.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.