As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will participate in the research lifecycle beginning with problem discovery, gathering data, designing solutions and with a focus on building prototype applications and migrating them to robust production. Your output will result in high-impact business applications, open source software, patents and potentially publications in AI/ML conferences and journals.
* Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
* Extensive programming skills in Python, C++ or Java
* Strong debugging and performance optimization skills
* Practical experience with statistical data analysis and experimental design
* Comfort with rapid prototyping and disciplined software development processes
* Deep knowledge of Cloud platforms or Linux internals and computer hardware architecture
* Practical experience with ML platforms such as Tensorflow/Keras, PyTorch, etc.
* Proficient understanding of fundamental AI and ML techniques; e.g., A*, regularization
* Expertise in one or more specialized areas; e.g., deep learning (DL), reinforcement learning (RL), planning, information representation and retrieval, graphs, multi-agent systems (MAS), computational game theory, natural language processing (NLP)
* Curiosity, creativity, resourcefulness and a collaborative spirit
* Clear and effective verbal and written communication
* Demonstrated ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams with diverse backgrounds
* Interest in problems related to the financial services domain (specific past experience in the domain is not required)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans