Mid Level Software Engineer – MLOps
Xometry is looking for a Mid Level Software Engineer to join our growing organization. The right person will help move our platform to the next level. You’ll be working as part of a collaborative team to jointly design and implement a machine learning platform for data scientists. You will be part of a small, intensely skilled team, who feel total ownership of their work, and can’t imagine a day without learning & coding. You will play a crucial role in Xometry’s platform and everything you do will matter.
What You’ll Do
- Help build a platform for machine learning, including feature pipelines, automated data, training, and deployment pipelines, model and model endpoint monitoring.
- Jump in and help out with our tech stack. The majority of the software is written in python (but we have rust, c++, and typescript as well) running on kubernetes (or serverless). AWS is our cloud vendor of choice and we manage our resources there with terraform.
- Engage with our data and computational scientists to build features and datasets for models
- Work in a highly collaborative, self-organizing team with the ability to decide how your team works and what technologies you use
- Participate in all phases of software development: requirements gathering, design, build, deploy, monitor, and maintain
- Be a force multiplier by sharing your knowledge and experience with the team and organization
What We’re Looking For
- A cloud-native software craftsperson that has hands on experience with containers, container orchestration, and distributed systems
- An engineer with a self-driven attitude who can own problems and deliver solutions
- Strong software fundamentals with experience in design patterns, refactoring, OOP, and testing
- A cloud practitioner who values the DevOps “shift-left” mentality by building systems with Infrastructure as Code, not console clicking
- Data’s at the heart of our systems, we hope it’s at yours too. You’re comfortable working with SQL and/or NoSQL, understand database design, and data analysis
- Experience building and consuming CI/CD pipelines
- Someone who knows their way around the command line and has experience working with *nix systems
- A contributor who understands we go further together and has experience mentoring engineers.
- Bonus points for a background working for technology companies where the product is the technology.
- Bonus points if you’re familiar with data science and machine learning
What You’ll Enjoy
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and company match
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Dog friendly office spaces
- Free snacks
- And more!
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit – share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.