Risk Central is a big data platform that consolidates Risk, PnL, VaR, and Stress for consumers in Trading, Finance Control, Product Control, Market Risk, and other areas across the Investment Bank. Lines of Business that are served by Risk Central include Commodities, Foreign Exchange, Rates, Credit, Strategic Products, Fixed Income Financing, Equities, Public Finance, and others.
The Market Risk & Finance Risk Central team is concerned with onboarding LOBs, enhancing reporting capabilities, and building user interfaces within the Risk Central and Athena systems. Technologies used include Python and React (TypeScript).
As a member of the team, there is opportunity to work in one or more of three major functional areas:
* Onboarding – Responsible for working directly with stakeholders to publish data into Risk Central and handle BAU activity.
* Reporting – Responsible for generating aggregations of Risk Central data as well as data from other systems to feed UIs and other uses.
* UI – Responsible for display/presentation/visualization of data from Risk Central and elsewhere.
Across all functional areas, you will:
* Communicate directly with the users of our applications. We believe the best products are created when engineers and users collaborate directly.
* Participate in a rapid-release environment and fast-moving team (daily scrum, kanban, etc.) located across NYC, Houston, Buenos Aires, Mumbai, and London.
* Work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment – one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions.
As a member of our Software Engineering group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages, including either Python or React (only one is required – but both is a major plus)
* Knowledge of Pandas or d3.js are also pluses (but not required).
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans