This role is for a Lead Engineer is to work with our Global Technology team at JPMorgan Chase, supporting our Commercial Bank. As a member of the Wholesale Loan Technology team, you will be working on a platform with a multi-year strategic investment into workflow processing for 3,000 users. This platform leverages Agile and fortress architecture principles.
You should bring strong communication and comprehension skills and experience working in an Agile environment with continuous integration and delivery. You should be able to apply your experience to identify the right path forward, execute the next steps and get work done as an individual, as a team member and with management support. You should be able to collaborate and work effectively in a team and across teams. A successful individual will be a problem solver and bring in best practices to the team.
Commercial Banking serves global clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging in billions of dollars. Our Commercial Bankers serve these clients by operating in 14 of the 15 top U.S. major markets. Our professionals’ industry knowledge and experience combined with our dedicated service model, comprehensive solutions, and local expertise to make us the #1 commercial bank in our retail branch footprint.
Specifically the role requires you to:
* Design, analyze, develop, test, debug, and model the system components necessary to produce potentially shippable product iterations with each sprint
* Deliver high quality code that complies with standards and satisfies architectural tests
* Perform pair programming and assist the team in supporting the application in all required environments
* Provide estimates for user stories utilizing planning poker
* Participate in product backlog prioritization, story mapping, and story splitting activities
* Prepare and lead sprint review meetings showcasing completed product backlog items to the product owner and subject matter experts
* Proactively look to develop and implement best practices across the entire project team, practicing continuous process improvement
* Collaborate face to face and virtually with the Product Owner, Operations and Technology partners around the world
* Guide team members toward best solutions for the problem at hand
* Listen, interact and train developers to enhance their skill set
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree – preferably in Computer Science
* Strong written and oral communication
* Excellent presentation and influencing skills
* Proven ability to collaborate with global teams
* 5-10+ years of hands-on programming/application development experience utilizing Java, Spring Boot, REST, Micro Services, Cloud Native, Agile, DevOps and TDD
* Excellent Core Java (Java 8+) skills having deep experience in OOAD, Threads & Concurrency and Collections
* Experience working on Unix
* Strong experience utilizing standalone Spring Framework integration
* Strong object oriented analysis and design skills (OOAD)
* Good SQL/PL-SQL Skills (Oracle 12c Preferred) and Hibernate/JPA
* Passionate about testing strategy, problem solving, learning new skills, sharing expertise and knowledge
* Experience working in Agile teams, ability to focus and grasp business concepts explained during PBRs
* Experience in Production support
* Experience working in a financial services environment with good working knowledge of associated accounting principles
* Previous experience with wholesale loans business
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans