Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 200+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a passionate technologist with the discipline to create and finish projects. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are a communicator. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Architect, implement and maintain web applications using Node.js and TypeScript
- Collaborate and lead a team to produce loosely coupled, highly maintainable backend systems
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality, and contribute to the overall success of the product
- Plan, estimate, and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide and support our clients in best practices to help upskill their internal processes and understanding of high-quality software, and software teams
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience doing software development, enterprise web application development is preferable
- Hands-on experience designing, developing APIs and API layers
- Hands-on development experience using TypeScript is very helpful
- Experience in creating API documentation using Swagger or similar tools desirable
- Previous remote work experience is required
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Previous experience in a consultative environment is required
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
BONUS POINTS (BUT NOT REQUIRED)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with deploying into and managing cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Bonus points for proficiency using 2 or more other programming languages such as Ruby, Python, C#, Go, Rust, or other
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning – Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology
- You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly – you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity – you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial – always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally
Unsure if your skills meet all of our requirements?
Apply anyway! We would love to meet you and find out more about how your skills could add value. At Theorem, we value open communication and feedback. We believe that diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!