This position is for an experienced KDB+/Q software developer to join our Data & Analytics team. This is a critical role that will have a significant impact on various lines of business within the investment bank. The role requires strong technical skills and experience developing on the Linux platform. The successful candidate will be a team player who will contribute to the development of pre-trade, intraday and post-trade analytical solutions. The candidate will be responsible for design, development and enhancement of these products; will ensure consistent functional and technical design; will deliver clear, concise technical design documentation and code; will be involved in the full project life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and production rollout.
As a Senior Application Developer, you will demonstrate very strong programming skills in KDB+/Q, with 3+ years of experience in a similar role in any business line (fixed income, equities or any type of derivatives) and developed significant technical and business expertise. You have been exposed to some of the following: real-time market data, pre-trade analytics, post-trade analytics, order management, algorithmic trading, enterprise data warehouse, FIX protocol, web services.
You are innovative, resourceful and passionate. You have the ability to work both individually and part of a team as you contribute to the overall success of the platform. You are an efficient programmer who provides an excellent level of service for your production environments and can debug and troubleshoot ambiguous issues. You can multitask and work effectively under pressure and with tight deadlines. You have experience with Linux and shell scripts, Java, SQL and in-memory databases, CEPs, advanced multi-threading/synchronization and distributed computing. You are adept with debugging tools and analyzing complex distributed systems.
– 3+ years of KDB+/Q experience, with relevant experience in financial services
– Proficient in Unix/Linux and OS level tools
– Knowledge of electronic trading across equities and F&O
– Experience working with time-series databases, including development of scalable real-time data processing systems
– Experience with market data platforms
– Experience with TCA analysis
– Agile development experience
– Team player with excellent communication skills
– Comfortable partnering with business stakeholders and have the ability to quickly understand requirements